FEDERAL GOVERNMENT INTERNSHIPS
- Federal Opportunities for Graduate Students
- Federal Opportunities for Undergraduate Students
- Department of Defense Civilian Careers Internship Program
- Department of Labor Internship Program
- Department of Health and Human Services Internships
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention Student Opportunities
- Department of Energy Internships
- Department of State Internships
- Department of Agriculture Internship Program
- Department of Housing and Urban Development Internships
- Department of Transportation Internships
- Environmental Protection Agency Internships
CALIFORNIA GOVERNMENT INTERNSHIPS
- CA Department of Public Health College Student Employment
- CA Department of Transportation Student and Volunteer Program
- CA Coastal Commission Employment and Internships
- CA Department of Fish and Wildlife Fellowships and Internships
- CA Bureau of Land Management Internship
- State of CA Student Assistant Internships
CA Emergency Management Internships / Office of Emergency Services:
- Student Veterans of America Scholarship List
- FastWeb Scholarships for Veterans
- College Scholarships for Veterans
- AMVETS Scholarships
- Veteran Scholarships & Grants
- Aid for Military Families
- Graduate Scholarships for Military Veterans
- Financial Aid for Veterans and their Dependents
- Leave No Veteran Behind Scholarships
- Council of College and Military Educators Scholarships
- Grants for Military Award Program
- Student Veterans of America
- US Department of Veterans Affairs
- National Association of American Veterans
- Iraq And Afghanistan Veterans of America
- Veterans Service Organizations
- VJC Women Veterans' Site: Verdugo Women Veterans' Career, Health and Life Connections, Support and Resources
MILITARY / VETERAN FRIENDLY:
- US Small Business Administration Facts on Veterans and Entrepreneurship - Recent data related to veteran firms and self-employment.
- Vetrepreneurship – Resources for veteran business people looking to start or grow their own business.
- Veteran Entrepreneur Portal – Access to Federal services, best-practices and information to guide every step of entrepreneurship.
- National Veterans Entrepreneurship Program - focused, practical training in the tools and skills of new venture creation and growth, reflecting issues unique to disability and public benefits programs; and the establishment of a support structure for graduates of the program.
- Entrepreneurship Bootcamp for Veterans with Disabilities - cutting-edge, experiential training in entrepreneurship and small business management to post-9/11 veterans with service-connected disabilities and a passion for entrepreneurship as well as military family members who serve in a caregiver role to a veteran with a service-connected disability. The program is offered entirely free to veterans and relies on the generosity of individuals to remain successful. See also EBV National Program.
- Small-Business Loans for Veterans
- Veterans Small Business Week empowers veterans, active duty service members, Guard and Reserve members and military spouses through entrepreneurial training and education programs, business technical assistance counseling, special access to capital programs and federal procurement training and access to opportunities.
- Veteran-owned Businesses
- Veteran Portal (verification, business opps, etc.)
- Veteran Business Network link to other job resources.
- Hiring Our Heroes Program of the Chamber of Commerce.
- Translating Military Occupation Codes to Job Postings.
- Honor Courage Commitment Fellows Program: 12-week, full-time program that connects veteran participants with distinguished veteran entrepreneurs and high-level executives in both the for-profit and nonprofit industries as a way to develop the veterans' talents. Non-degree bearing, it covers expansive approaches to leadership in business and community.
- UCSB Student Affairs Veterans Resource Center
- California Department of Veterans Affairs
- Internship programs at the VA
- Veteran Internship Program (VIP) Los Angeles
- Department of Human Resources County of Los Angeles VIP Flyer
- Oracle – Injured Veterans Internship
- Raytheon - Transitioning from Military
- Internal Revenue Service Veteran Hiring
- GI Jobs: Transition from the Military to Corporate Internships
- US Patent and Trademark Office Veteran Hiring Program
- GetSkillsToWork portal (digital badge system, match your skills, search for a job)
- Lockheed Martin Skills Translator tool
- Veteran Jobs Mission (a coalition of more than 225 companies dedicated to employing U.S. military veterans)
WEBSITES FOR UNDERGRADUATE RESEARCH IN SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
A Few of the Programs Organized at UCSB for UCSB Students:
- California Alliance for Minority Participation (CAMP) Summer research for UCSB under-represented students.
- Cooperative International Science and Engineering Internships (CISEI) Summer internships in Chile, the Netherlands, Ireland, England, China and Germany.
- Early Undergraduate Research and Knowledge Acquisition (EUREKA!) Academic year research experience for freshman and sophomores.
- Gene Lucas Undergraduate Research Fund Funding for STEM research projects.
- Math Summer Research Program 8-week summer research internship in Math at UCSB.
- Maximizing Access to Research Careers Two-year scholars program for undergraduates interested in PhD degrees and careers in biomedical and behavioral research.
- McNair Scholars Program Academic year and summer research programs for UCSB underrepresented students.
- Partnership for Research and Education in Materials (PREM) UCSB science and engineering students acquire research experience in interdisciplinary materials science at UT El Paso.
- UC Leadership Excellence through Advanced Degrees (UC LEADS) Two-year program including research internships at two UC campuses.
- Undergraduate Research and Creative Activities (URCA) Funding for undergrad research projects.
- Research Interns in Science and Engineering (RISE) School Year internships are for UCSB students only.
Programs at UCSB Primarily for non-UCSB Students:
- Problem-based Initiatives for Powerful Engagement and Learning In Naval Engineering and Science (PIPELINES) Summer workplace learning for California community college students.
- AIM Photonics Summer internships for California community college students.
- Math Summer Research Program 8-week summer research internship in Math at UCSB.
- National Nanofabrication Infrastructure Network (NNIN) Summer internships.
- Research Interns in Science and Engineering (RISE) Summer internships are primarily for non-UCSB students.
- Summer Applied Biotechnology Research Experience (SABRE) Summer experience for science and engineering undergrads and grads.
- Summer Institute in Mathematics and Science (SIMS) Brings science, engineering, and mathematics incoming freshmen to the UC Santa Barbara campus for the Summer Institute in Mathematics and Science, a 2-week science intensive residential program hosted by CNSI.
- IGERT Internship in Network Science Brings STEM sophomore and junior undergraduates to the UC Santa Barbara campus for an 8-week summer research experience.
Nation-Wide One-Stop Shopping:
- National Institute of Health (NIH) For biomedical-related research only.
- National Science Foundation (NSF) “Research Experience for Undergraduates” (REU) programs, for all science, engineering and mathematics fields, including behavioral and social sciences.
- Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education: Lists programs sponsored by a range of government agencies, including EPS, Dept of Energy, Dept of Defense, NOAA, etc.
Other National Major Agencies and Laboratories:
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA): Undergraduate Student Research Program, at several institutions.
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA): NOAA Coastal Services Center.
- National Laboratories Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internships
- National Nanofabrication Infrastructure Network (NNIN): Summer internships.
Additional listings of Undergraduate Research Opportunities:
- UCSB URCA site provides a list of non-UCSB opportunities.
- UC Irvine site includes application deadlines to selected programs.
- LaunchPath a tool that combines technology applications and personalized services for internship support from start to finish